Deuterium Lamp vs Tungsten Lamp [Your essential buying guide]
Deuterium Lamp and Tungsten Halogen Lamp are used together as they fulfill the wide range of output required in UV/Vis Spectrophotometers and HPLC.
We at Hiten Techno Products Corporation work towards supplying the best products when it comes to Deuterium Lamp and Tungsten Halogen Lamps from Heraeus Noblelight. Heraeus Noblelight are the premium manufacturers for these lamps and only after understanding the requirements from our clients we propose the best fit for these lamps. The main aim of this article is to help readers understand essential benefits of choosing Deuterium and Tungsten Halogen Lamps from the house of Heraeus Noblelight and make an informed decision when it comes to choosing from these two.
Advantages of choosing Deuterium Lamp from Heraeus Noblelight
Heraeus now supplies an innovative product when it comes Deuterium Lamps known as D2plus.
Some of the benefits of choosing D2plus at a glance,
- Less instrument re-calibration due to improved intensity maintenance over lifetime
- Better signal to noise ratio
- Shorter sampling time
- Higher throughput
- Highest precision analytical results
- Best price/performance ratio and lowest cost of ownership
- Faster and higher accuracy measurements – even at the end of lamp-life
Some of the key features of D2plus are as follows,
- Option of choosing UV glass envelope and quartz envelope
- Up to 50 % higher initial intensity
- Lower noise (STN)
- Highest stability for minimum 2000 hours
- Available with 0.5 and 1.0 mm apertures
- Deep UV version D2plus Quartz envelope with ELP technology
- UV version D2plus with UV glass envelope
- Highest precision analytical results in UV-Vis Spectrophotometers, HPLCs and the more demanding UHPLC instruments
Some of the graphs that can help you with more technical advantages of choosing D2plus ,
Lifetime performance graph of D2plus compared to standard lamp at intensity of
Optical Stability graph of D2plus at 254 nm
Advantages of choosing Tungsten Halogen Lamp from Heraeus Noblelight
For lab testing purpose Heraeus supplies various Tungsten Halogen Lamps of the power range 10-100 W. With an ideal output of 315-380 nm Heraeus’ Tungsten Halogen Lamp are ideal to couple with D2 Lamps.
Some of the key features that makes Tungsten Halogen Lamp from Heraeus Noblelight ideal for analytical issues are as follows,
- Non UV blocked quartz envelope
- Good transmission below 380 nm
- Accurate positioning of filament
- Good alignment with instrument aperture
- Enables maximum light intensity into acceptance aperture
- Individual filament design
- Optimised optical and electrical properties
- Increased performance and life
Benefits of Non UV Block Quartz Envelope
With UV blocked glass envelope the readings will result in inaccurate results. For commercial Halogen Lamps it is desirable to have Glass Envelope but not for testing purpose. As for increasing intensity post 380 nm it is not an issue in Quartz based envelope and that leads accurate results.
Filament Positioning and Alignment
All Halogen Lamps produced by Heraeus are in small batches due to a specialised hand laying of filament that ensures accurate positioning. We at Hiten Techno Products Corporation can build lamps as per individual requirement through Heraeus.
Both the lamps have their specific advantages. For Deuterium Lamps the D2plus offers superior benefits compared to standard Deuterium Lamps in the market. For Tungsten Halogen Lamp it is again Heraeus as a brand that offers variety & customisation as per the client’s requirements.
Lamps can be designed and built according to OEMs specific requirements, such as colour temperature, wattage, voltage and mechanical tolerances.
We at Hiten Techno Products Corporation offer best consultation & products as per the client’s budget & need. Our expertise is backed with a quality technical support.